May 10, 2016 - DTI Successful in South African Law Enforcement Tender
DTI Group Ltd (ASX: DTI) ("DTI”). DTI is pleased to announce that it has received an order from its South African business partner for supply of advanced CCTV surveillance systems on metro police vehicles in South Africa.
The initial purchase order involves the supply of surveillance systems on 27 police cars plus additional static equipment to be delivered before the end of June 2016.
DTI successfully partnered in an international tender process involving the supply and installation of up to 900 systems for police vehicles over the next three years.
Each police car will be equipped with:
- DTI's advanced MDR6 digital surveillance system with integral switching, enhanced 'dual drive' redundancy for system management and data downloads
- multifunction 3G/4G, 802.11 a/b/g/n ruggedized router to provide live viewing of police car cameras
- up to 5 high-definition megapixel cameras
- an automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) camera
- 7” drivers screen with real-time viewing of hot-listed plates recognised by the ANPR camera and real-time viewing of other on-board cameras
- body worn wireless microphone with streamed recording and live audio to a control centre
- optional body worn camera with local storage and an option for restreaming to the MDR6.
As well as the supply of the police car systems, static ANPR cameras will be supplied in the future which integrate with the city’s monitoring systems to allow the coordination of vehicle information between static and mobile solutions.
DTI’s Managing Director, Richard Johnson, said: “The award of this project following an international tender process demonstrates DTI’s credentials in providing advanced surveillance and information technology solutions to the law enforcement sector. Both law enforcement and South Africa are key target markets for DTI, so the award of this project is regarded as a significant milestone for DTI. It is the largest law enforcement contract won by DTI and builds on our recent success in winning important bus and rail contracts.”
About DTI Group
DTI provides sophisticated surveillance and passenger information systems, solutions and services to the mobile industry worldwide. DTI is a recognised supplier to the mass transit surveillance and passenger information market. Core technology development and system design activities are undertaken from the Company’s head office.
Chief Executive Officer
Phone: +61 8 9479 1195